Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Voting
Being that Kyle and I just moved out of our county, we hadn't reregistered to vote. So I applied for a vote by mail ballot for us and thought we were good to go. Well, having a PO Box, we didn't get it until Monday morning. That was not enough time to send it in. I thought we could turn it in to any polling place, only to find out you have to turn it in in the county it came from. So, Kyle and I drove back to Placer County (1.5 hours) just to turn it in. We debated on it, but came to the conclusion that this was a really important election and we didn't want Niah one day learning about it and asking, "Who did you vote for?" only to have us say, "We didn't." We got up there at 7:15, 45 minutes before the polls closed, dropped it off and were on our way. At least we got to have dinner with Molly and Eric...that part was good. And now we can say we voted in this "historic election." One cool thing is one of the things we voted for was literally at 50/50 with only about 400 votes in favor...so our vote did count :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
you came to placer county and i didn't see you! *pouts*. Oh, well I love u anyway! :) Way to rock the vote! :P
Good Girl =)
You know when I was at the voting booth these two guys came in and the were not from placer but they lived in Auburn and they still let them vote. But I think its great you guys decided to drive that far just to vote. Hope you guys are doing great! Miss you.
How do I follow Kyles blog. He commented on mine, but I can't view his.
His name is connected with this blog.
You are a very infrequent blogger.
Post a Comment